Born in Gillingham, Kent, David Wilson started painting in 1969, beginning with acrylics before tackling oils and watercolours.
He later studied etching and lithography at evening classes at the Heatherley School of Art in London.
In 1981 he moved with his family to Bridell, north Pembrokeshire, where he now lives on the family farm; this area, which he has known and loved for many years, provides the subject matter for much of his work.
He signs his work "David Wilson Bridell"
David Wilson's works are to be found in hundreds of private collections in the United Kingdom and many other countries; several have been purchased by the National Library of Wales.
Solo exhibitions include:
- Norwegian Church Arts Centre, Cardiff
- Theatr Mwldan, Cardigan
- Riverside Gallery, London
- Welsh Water Headquarters, Brecon
- Coach House Gallery, Haverfordwest
- Teifi House Gallery, Newcastle Emlyn
- Haverfordwest Library
- Fishguard Library
Group exhibitions include:
- Royal West of England Academy Autumn Exhibition
- The Discerning Eye
- Christmas Show, Oriel Myrddin, Carmarthen
- ArtWest (formerly Dyfed Art Show), Carmarthen, Haverfordwest, Aberystwyth
- Printmaking in Wales, Royal Cambrian Academy
- Manor House Fine Arts, Cardiff
- "Best of British Exhibition" Dak/Simpson, London
- Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
- Hann Gallery, Bath
- International Watercolour Exhibition, Trégastel, France
- Print News (Oriel/Chapter, Cardiff, and Oriel Mostyn, Llandudno)
- Royal National Eisteddfod of Wales
- Irish Miniprint Exhibition
- Royal Society of British Artists
- New English Art Club
- Society of Graphic Artists